Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Anybody Out There??

If there were anything I could wish for, it would be to be able to find a more vocal female blogging community that was like-minded in my fitness and diet philosophy.  There are no problems finding fashion blogs, cooking blogs, or super-cardio/low-fat-bunny blogs, but I'm finding it nearly impossible to find any anecdotal resources focused women on getting stronger and packing on muscle.

Think something like Berkhan's Lean Gains website, but only authored and maintained from the female perspective.  While I understand that much of the training and eating philosophy that works for men would also work for women, it just can't be quite the same.  And yes, there are various community forums here and there with women posting in them, but I find it difficult to wade through those without finding eleventy-billion differing opinions or folks that 'do' things but aren't actually getting the same results that I'm striving for.  Even going to the Lean Gains and Weight Room Reddits aren't very helpful as 95% of the posters are men.

I was discussing some of my woe at not having these resources with my husband and his response was 'see a need, fill a need'.

So.

Here we are.

Maybe I will be successful and what I have here will be helpful to someone down the road.  IF it ever gets found.  Maybe I'll get brave and start sharing once I can validate my own results and success.  We'll see.  Right now, I'm still in the lets-see-if-this-really-works-as-well-as-I-hope camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment