Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Progress Pictures

So here we go.  

The first set of pictures that I have posted of my progress.  I have been feeling the differences in my body and it certainly is nice to see it as well.  It makes it more tangible, turns it into something that is actually real for me.  What's even better, is that I showed the pictures to my husband and he thinks that the progress is AWESOME for two month's worth of work.  

The 'before's' (on the left) were taken on November 3rd with me at about 135 lbs and 29.5% body fat, while the 'after's' were taken today at 125 lbs and about 26% body fat.  That's 10 lbs down with a 3% decrease in body fat.   If I can do math correctly, that means that about 7 lbs out of the 10 lbs that I lost were pure fat that got taken off my body.

Those numbers themselves thrill me, but it's actually been a pleasant  experience when compared to every previous weight loss effort that I've ever attempted.  I don't think I've EVER been able to not gain weight over the holiday drag, much less lose any.  And here I am, plugging right along and enjoying life while I do it.  Did I mention that I LOVE my diet and exercise plan?

Back - November vs. January (note there is way  less strap-digging going on!)

Front - November vs. January

Side - November vs. January (Yay for less back fat!!)



I catch some flack for my diet here and there.  No, I don't eat bread.  Or pasta.  Or things with sugar (unless it's chocolate or the occasional piece of cake.. I AM human, after all).  Or things out of a box.  I eat chicken and broccoli... every damned day.  But I also have variety and eat a lot of other really good things, just not what everyone else would eat.  And I'm okay with that.  I have good energy, and I know that I'm fueling my body with healthy food.  

My workouts consist of lifting heavy things.  Right now, I'm totally stoked because I can deadlift 155 lbs.  That's 30 lbs  more than I weigh myself and I can lift it OFF the ground!  I'm back to doing pull ups and chin ups and can easily do three of either in succession.  Hell, I can even put a 10-lb bag on my back and do almost three!  

I don't run, I don't go on the elliptical.  I don't really have time, to be honest.  And if I did have time for cardio, I'd be out riding my bike or hiking - either of which I would actually enjoy doing instead of suffering through.  I'd rather manage myself via my diet and by doing intense lifting to build more muscle to chew through calories.  

I'm very curious to see how my pictures compare with the next set that I'll be taking at the end of March.  It'll be my 30th birthday on April 3rd, and my goal is to have a rockin' body to show for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment